11 Jun Events Guide 2018
Event Guide 2018
Please read the following information to find out all you need to know about the competition.
Competition takes place on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th June 2018
Check in and briefing Friday 15th June
- Toilets and Showers
- Food and Drink
- First Aid and Additional Services
Day 1 – 15th June
Check in from 12:00 noon Judges briefing 19:00 Athletes Briefing 20:00
Day 2 – 16th June
Lunch / Yoga
Day 3 – 17th June
Lunch / Yoga
Address: Park Foot, Howtown Road, Pooley Bridge, Penrith, Cumbria, CA10 2NA
From the M6, take Junction 40 (Penrith) and follow signs for A66/Keswick/Ullswater (signposted Ullswater Steamers). Enter the roundabout (Rheged) and take the second exit sign posted A592 Ullswater. Follow for about 5 miles and you will come to a T- junction with the lake directly in front of you. Turn left and proceed to Pooley Bridge, drive over the bridge and through the village until a mini roundabout. Take the Second Exit (with church on the right). Travel 300 yards to the crossroads. Turn right onto Howtown Road and proceed for a mile. You will then see signs for District L and the campsite/registration will be on your right.
Athletes may arrive any time after 12:00 on Friday 15th June. You are welcome to arrive earlier but you will not be able to pitch tents and set up camp. If you have booked into Park Foot for camping please head to their main office. Then proceed too the Event Registration tent to sign in. You will be given welcome packs on arrival with all the required information for the weekend; this will include maps of the site, tickets for parking and WODs 1-7. There will also be a detailed heat timetable.
Athlete Registration – from 12:00 – 20:00 19th of May
Athletes will need to register at the Event Registration before proceeding through the site. Team Leaders will need to bring Photo ID to collect team packs. Only one member of the team will need to register team providing all 6 members have signed waivers and health forms, Please follow the link to fill these out online. If teams have not all completed the online wavier they will not receive their team packs and will not be allowed to compete.
Once teams have registered, pick up your parking tickets and place them in your vehicles. Parking tickets are included in the team packs if previously purchased. Please place ticket in window and park where instructed to do so by staff. Please note parking can be purchased on the day upon registration. It will cost £10 in cash, no credit cards
***Please note parking is not permitted anywhere else on the site, cars without tickets could be towed away.***
- Clothes for all weathers – waterproofs, warm clothes, spare clothes. (Athletes will be getting wet)
- Change of shoes – Trail running shoes advised, Shoes for water (swimming aides are not permitted), shoes to workout in.
- Sun Cream
- Plenty of water – drinking water taps are located around the site to refillwater bottles
- Umbrellas may be required
- Gloves – not mandatory but may come in handy for holding odd objects
- Wetsuits are advised – these are not a requirement but would berecommended
- You do not need – lifters or skipping rope***Bring plenty of Cash, there are cash points on site however they do charge to withdraw money***
- Please treat the site with respect
- Please do not litter
- Abide by the camp rules
- It is a family site, please try to keep foul language to a minimum
- No anti-social behaviour permitted
- Set a Good example to others
- Encourage others
- Support others*** If athletes or spectators are seen to break any rules they will be asked to leave which will result in disqualification of their team ***
On arrival please report to Park Foot’s main reception camping passes will be distributed by their staff. If you have not already pre booked but would like to camp they can also sort you out at the desk. Only those with a camping pass may camp on the site. Please note that Athlete’s tickets do not include camping. These may be purchased separately from Park Foots website www.parkfootullswater.co.uk
Camping is available throughout the weekend and even longer if you want to enjoy the beautiful area for a few more days. Campers can check in from midday (12:00) on the Friday and are welcome to stay as long as they want on the day of checkout. We advise all campers (athletes and spectators) to arrive before 22:00 to allow sufficient time to set up and also not to disturb other wishing to get an early night. It is also a lot easier to set up a tent in the daylight. Please bring a suitable sized tent for the attended users so as not to waste space.
Drop off points are available for participants to unload luggage/equipment. They will then have to take their vehicle to the allotted car park. This is located only 50m away from the main site. This allows for more freedom of use with the vehicle and won’t churn up the field. We ask drivers to be wise to the weather conditions and in case of wet weather we would ask use of vehicles to be at a minimum.
We ask that you treat the camping grounds and the whole site as if it were your own. Please take all possessions home with you including any unwanted kit. There are plenty of waste disposal areas throughout the whole of the site and we ask that you use them/take all rubbish home with you. For the environmentally conscious out there (hopefully all of you), a recycling point is located opposite the main site reception. Please see the map for details of this.
We have a few house rules to ensure everyone enjoys themselves:
- In order to provide a peaceful night for all, no excessive noise is permitted between 11pm and 8am. Persons making excessive noise at any time will be asked to leave the park, without refund
- Anyone causing a noise or disturbance within a group between the permitted hours maybe asked to leave.
- Please pitch 3 metres from your neighbour.
- Open fires are not allowed on the park. Portable BBQs are permitted, but standsmust be used. For your own safety, gas bottles and BBQs must not be used intents or awnings.
- No firearms, offensive weapons or fireworks of any kind are allowed on the park.
- The destruction of trees, shrubs, or wildlife is strictly forbidden.
- There is a strict speed limit of 10mph on site. Only holders of a full drivinglicence shall drive a vehicle on the park.
- Dogs are welcome at Park Foot but must use the designated exercise area, cleanup after your dog and do not leave your dog unattended at any time. Dogs must be kept under control and on a lead at all times. We reserve the right to require that the owner remove the pet from the Park if it causes a nuisance or danger to other guests.
- No unlawful drugs may be used, or any criminal activities to take place at ParkFoot.
- Children must be supervised and not cause a nuisance or danger to themselves orothers.
- No sky lanterns are permitted.
- While the company will do their best to satisfy customer requirements, thecompany at their discretion reserve the right to withdraw any advertised services and to cancel any bookings made for clients, in which event no liability in respect of such cancellations shall fall on the company, save that the company shall refund any monies already paid in respect of bookings so cancelled.
- Liability is not accepted by the company for accidents to clients and their guests, or for the loss or damage to personal property.
- Mobile signal is strong for most providers and shouldn’t be an issue, however there is a payphone outside the park reception if needed. Mobile data may not work due to the rural location of the site. If needed there is Internet on site at the site clubhouse.
- Make sure to bring suitable camping gear; it gets cold at night so a decent sleeping bag is required.
- The campsite is not lit at night, torches are advised.
- Bring plenty of cash, there is a cash point on site by the main reception, however it charges to withdraw money.
- Showers on site are free, please be mindful not to waste water.
- If the main shower block is full, there are 2 more blocks over the road.
- Pots and Pans can be washed at the shower blocks; there are sinks specificallyfor this.
- Please do not camp any other than the specified site
- Drinking water taps are dotted around the site, they are at all toilet and showerblocks.
- Reception offers a charging service of 50p per item for phones, tablets,cameras etc.
- Ice blocks for cool boxes can be refrozen at the onsite shop
- On site shop open from 08:00-20:00
- Reception and club house open from 08:00-24:00
- The closest supermarket is in Penrith the local town (M6 Junction 40) 5 miles away approximately 10 minutes drive.
Spectators passes are free, you do not need a wrist band and will be given access to the whole of the event. Get involved with the demos that will be happening throughout the weekend and get amongst the crowds to cheer on the athletes. For advanced parking tickets visit www.districtl.co.uk
Spectators will need to buy a parking pass, which are available from the registration desk. You will then be directed to the official car park, place ticket in window and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Camping for spectators is not free, please visit the website to purchase camping tickets www.parkfootullswater.co.uk
6. Toilets and Showers
There are toilets in 4 locations around the site. The nearest block is in the event field; there are both male and female cubicles. If you walk towards the adjoining field and main entrance to the site you will see a building, this is where the second block of toilets are located, which are the main toilets for the lakeside part of the campsite. Toilet block number 3 is located across the road and onto the main site in the sandal field. The fourth and final block is up past reception. If at any point there is a queue for one set, please walk to the next one, they are all within 2 minutes of each other.
Showers are located in blocks 2,3 and 4 and are free for guests.
We would ask all athletes and spectators to leave the toilets and showers how they found them. Please be respectful of the site and treat the facilities as you would at home.
7. Food and Drink
Buttylicious Outdoor Catering Van
Offering great tasting food from bacon sandwiches to burgers and snacks.
Just Good Food
Local Food Company based in Windermere offering a healthy style box meal to keep you fuelled and ready to tackle every event. https://www.facebook.com/Just-Good-Food-1113264378722341/
Park Foot Restaurant
There is an onsite restaurant for anyone looking to sit down for a meal. Good selection of food and there is even a bar if you need a beer after a hard days working out.
Coffee that focuses you on the task at hand.
Judges will need to be present for a judges meeting at 19:00 Friday the 19th of May to talk through the workouts, movement standards and to familiarise themselves with the competition set up.
There will be food for you all weekend; just head to the marquee where all the food will be waiting for you.
Every morning breakfast will be available and we will have a quick meeting to organise for the day’s events.
We are happy to announce that. Throughout the weekend he will be taking pictures of you guys working out and they will be available on Facebook after the event, with regular updates during the competition.
*** Please note, if you see a picture that you are not comfortable with just give the guys a heads up and they will remove it for you, but I’m sure you won’t be disappointed ***
Live music will be played during the evening on the Sunday at the main site; drinks and food will be available also. Music will be on from 7pm until late. This will be the after party location so please join us for a celebration after the event. Live music will be from local bands, acts to be confirmed.
Paddle boarding – Ullswater paddleboards are offering demo sessions on Sunday. You and your friends can enjoy a relaxing and fun experience paddling on the lake taking in the beauty of the surroundings, whilst learning the technique or advancing your skills. Single and team boards available for long sessions. Book on the day. www.ullswaterpaddleboarding.co.uk
Trail Running Demos – Our friends at Inov-8 have kindly offered to teach us how to run properly and help us tackle some of the roughest terrain. They will be giving top tips and also bringing trail shoes for you guys to test out, and what better place to do so than in the heart of the Lakes.
Electric Bike Rental – There are e-bikes to rent out at Park Foot, these are a great way to see the area, without having to put too much effort in. They are great for blasting up the fells on. Check out www.parkfootullswater.co.uk for more info.
Activity Club onsite – all sorts of activities can be done here, for both kids and adults. From half an hour sessions to half/full day trips. Enjoy things like outdoor karting, bouncy castles, gyhll scrambling, rock climbing, canoeing, crate stacking challenges, raft building and much more
Short walks – If you are not too tired and fancy a stroll to check out the awesome scenery, then there are plenty of places to roam. If you turn right at the lake access you will be able to take a 10 minute walk lakeside to the local village (Pooley Bridge). Which has a few shops and pubs, including some kick ass ice cream; great for relaxing after a hard wod.
For those wanting a beautiful view of the lake, may we suggest a short 20-30 minute walk up Hallin Fell. Which is a short drive away towards Howtown. It will not disappoint and is our favourite place to go. If you don’t want to drive anywhere thenwalk up through Park Foot camping site and onto the fell behind it. With again a short walk following the beck up you can see some amazing views of the lake.
Yoga – There will be yoga sessions in the main tent throughout the weekend, the sessions will run at lunchtime and during the afternoon session.
FIFA World Cup – If you are made about football and missing any games worries you, don’t sweat. The World cup will be shown in the clubhouse throughout the weekend so you won’t miss a game. Unless you are actually working out, in which case you better hurry up and lift faster.
Come to the main Marquee to check out the Vendors. Come see the kit they have to offer and get all you need to compete and look good during the weekend. Please note due to average signal, card machines may not work. We would advise to bring cash to avoid disappointment. There is an onsite cash point located at reception on the Main Site, however it charges to withdraw money.
Kit Box, Inov-8, District L Merchandise.
13. Physiotherapy and First Aid
High quality experienced Physiotherapy, providing excellence in physiotherapy assessment, diagnosis and treatment resulting in speedy and optimal return to competition.
14. First Aid
There will be a first aid tent present for the duration of the comp, with first responders on hand to deal with any issues that arise.
The nearest A&E is located at Penrith Hospital, 5 miles away in the local town.
Address – Bridge Lane, Penrith CA11 8HX
District L is Sponsored by Park Foot, Kit Box, Inov-8, cranstons and Ullswater Paddle Boarding.